Subject: [css-d] OT: Stats for browsers on Mac?

From: gassinaumasis at hotmail.com (Peter-Paul Koch)
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 12:51:43 +0000

>Does anyone know where I can find stats for Mac users only,
>which browsers are the most common etc?

My own stats, for what they're worth, say:

Ecxplorer 5    69%
Safari         15%
Mozilla         6%
Netscape 6      4%
Netscape 4      4%
Explorer 4      2%

Note that these numbers are mainly from my development sites which attract a 
higher share of non-IE browsers than the average site.

Whichever stats you'll find, please keep in mind that Safari's share is 
going to rise dramatically when it becomes the default browser for OS X.

Any Mac-friendly website must be checked at the very least in IE5 and 
Safari.

--------------------------------------------------
ppk, freelance web developer
Interaction, copywriting, JavaScript, integration
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/
Column "Keep it Simple": http://www.digital-web.com/columns/keepitsimple/
--------------------------------------------------

_________________________________________________________________
MSN 8 helps eliminate e-mail viruses. Get 2 months FREE*. 
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus

---

From: work at cookiecrook.com (James Craig)
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 14:28:00 -0500

> Any Mac-friendly website must be checked at the very least in IE5 and 

Speaking of which, the meetup.com website styles dreadfully in Safari, 
so it kind of throws an ironic wrench at the web standards meetup idea 
doesn't it? http://webstandards.meetup.com/

Also, not enough people in Austin voted for a venue so our meeting is 
cancelled this month. :( I wonder why they decided to cancel is so 
prematurely (a week before). Even so, if you are near Austin, Texas and 
still want to meet up, email me at [email-masked] and I'll 
arrange something. Feel free to forward this to other people that may be 
interested in an Austin meetup.

Cheers,
James Craig

-- 
http://www.cookiecrook.com/

---

From: ckestes at bewb.org (Jason Estes)
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 15:17:57 -0500

> interested in an Austin meetup.

At least you have people in Austin signed up for the webstandards.meetup.  

I am the only person in Fort Worth signed up for it. :(

OH well!

Jason Estes
The BEWB
www.bewb.org