Subject: [css-d] min-height in IE 5 on Mac

From: robert.nyman at centus.com (Robert Nyman)
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 14:11:27 +0200

Correct me if I'm wrong, but min-height isn't supported in IE 5 on Mac,
right?

In that case, how do I get an element to adapt its size after its
content,
but that it will still be a specified height otherwise.

For example, I want a DIV to be at least 20 px height, but if its
content is more,=20
then I want it to adapt its size (and the whole document's flow after
that).

This works with min-height:20px; in Opera, Gecko etc, and with
height:20px; in IE on PC.
But in IE 5 on Mac the height is only 20 px no matter the content (and
if the content is
more, it just flows outside of the element...).

Any solutions for this?

/Robert

---

From: phiw at l-c-n.com (Philippe Wittenbergh)
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 21:30:01 +0900

> Correct me if I'm wrong, but min-height isn't supported in IE 5 on Mac,

Nope, doesn't work in IE5 mac.
> content is more,

Using the intrinsic (is that the word ?) height of the element ? 
Without a real sample it is a bit difficult to say, of course.
div {border:1px solid #000; padding: 2px, font-size:12px; 
line-height:14px;} should give something you want.

Or do I miss something ?

Philippe

== | == | == | == | == | == | == | == | == | == | == | ==

Philippe Wittenbergh

code | design | web projects : <http://www.l-c-n.com/>
online image gallery : <http://www.l-c-n.com/phiw/>
IE5 Mac bugs and oddities : <http://www.l-c-n.com/IE5tests/>