Subject: [css-d] Media="all" vs. @import

From: Craig.Saila at bgminteractive.com (Saila, Craig)
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 13:46:03 -0400

Ian Hickson wrote:
> That's an error in the HTML spec. The HTML working group has
> delegated authority over the "media" attribute to the CSS
> working group, who has decided to change the default to "all".

Well, that would make *a lot* more sense!=20

There does seems to be an inconsistency, given @import defaults to "all"
and this reference:
<http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/present/styles.html#h-14.4.1>
implies it should default to "all" and apparently the DTD doesn't
specify any default media-type, so "all" would make sense.

Ain't it great when even the "standards" are consistent!

--=20
Cheers,

Craig Saila
------------------------------------------
[email-masked] : http://www.saila.com/
------------------------------------------

---

From: ian at hixie.ch (Ian Hickson)
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 11:43:05 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, Saila, Craig wrote:
> Well, that would make *a lot* more sense!

Heh. I've reminded the relevant person to add this to the HTML errata.

> Ain't it great when even the "standards" are [in]consistent!

The people who write the browsers are the same as the people who write the
specs... it's to be expected that both are flawed. ;-)

-- 
Ian Hickson                                      )\._.,--....,'``.    fL
"meow"                                          /,   _.. \   _\  ;`._ ,.
http://index.hixie.ch/                         `._.-(,_..'--(,_..'`-.;.'