Subject: [css-d] OT: Stats for browsers on Mac?

From: robert.nyman at centus.com (Robert Nyman)
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 14:57:14 +0200

Interesting!
Especially that Safari has so many users already (which, I agree, will
dramatically increase later on).
Have you seen any pattern when it comes to versions of IE, i.e. 5.0, 5.1
and 5.2?

/Robert

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter-Paul Koch [mailto:[email-masked]]=20
Sent: den 25 april 2003 14:52
To: Robert Nyman; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [css-d] OT: Stats for browsers on Mac?

>Does anyone know where I can find stats for Mac users only, which=20
>browsers are the most common etc?

My own stats, for what they're worth, say:

Ecxplorer 5    69%
Safari         15%
Mozilla         6%
Netscape 6      4%
Netscape 4      4%
Explorer 4      2%

Note that these numbers are mainly from my development sites which
attract a=20
higher share of non-IE browsers than the average site.

Whichever stats you'll find, please keep in mind that Safari's share is=20
going to rise dramatically when it becomes the default browser for OS X.

Any Mac-friendly website must be checked at the very least in IE5 and=20
Safari.

--------------------------------------------------
ppk, freelance web developer
Interaction, copywriting, JavaScript, integration
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/ Column "Keep it Simple":
http://www.digital-web.com/columns/keepitsimple/
--------------------------------------------------

_________________________________________________________________
MSN 8 helps eliminate e-mail viruses. Get 2 months FREE*.=20
http://join.msn.com/?page=3Dfeatures/virus