Subject: [css-d] border-left IE5 mac problem

From: phiw at l-c-n.com (Philippe Wittenbergh)
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 22:09:17 +0900

On Sunday, April 27, 2003, at 01:21  AM, Rick Hurst wrote:

> for some reason this layout is missing the left border when displayed 
> in IE5 mac. The odd thing is that the space has been left for the 
> border, but no colour is showing. Any ideas why, or how I might fix > it?
>
> http://www.hypothecate.co.uk/css_test/v8.htm

Your <div id="myclear"> is empty, except for an absolute positioned 
image (which is taken out of the document flow any way). I deleted the 
'width' on your #myclear, and added a non-breaking space in the div, 
and then your layout worked out exactly as in Mozilla 1.4.

Philippe

== | == | == | == | == | == | == | == | == | == | == | ==

Philippe Wittenbergh

code | design | web projects : <http://www.l-c-n.com/>
online image gallery : <http://www.l-c-n.com/phiw/>
IE5 Mac bugs and oddities : <http://www.l-c-n.com/IE5tests/>

---

From: rick at starskiweb.co.uk (Rick Hurst)
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 09:10:55 +0100

Philippe Wittenbergh wrote:

> 'width' on your #myclear, and added a non-breaking space in the div, and 
> then your layout worked out exactly as in Mozilla 1.4.

Thanks for the advice Philippe, but I haven't managed to get mine to 
work using the above advice:-

http://hypothecate.co.uk/css_test/v8.2.htm

The left border is still missing on IE5 mac

unless the person who is testing this for me has a different version of 
mac IE5?

---

From: phiw at l-c-n.com (Philippe Wittenbergh)
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 17:46:49 +0900

> The left border is still missing on IE5 mac

Comparing your stylesheet, and what I used:
#document-wrap {
	border-top:12px solid black;
	border-left:12px solid black;
	/*height: 100%;*/
}

I had commented out the height declaration, I should've mentioned it, I 
guess.

Philippe

Philippe Wittenbergh