Subject: [css-d] Books on CSS positioning?

From: ehmer at pacific.net.au (David & Angela Ehmer)
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 22:49:00 +1000

Appreciate any thoughts on recently released books that cover CSS in some
detail.  Especially page layout/positioning of elements with thoroughly
explained examples.

Thanks
David

---

From: grochtdreis.jens at bartenbach.de (Jens Grochtdreis)
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 14:58:56 +0200

Hi David,

my favourite is "Eric Meyer on CSS" [http://www.ericmeyeroncss.com/].
It is full of advanced CSS-Stuff which you only can understand, if you have
a little bit of CSS-practice.

And I hope, there will be a 2nd Edition of his "normal" CSS-Book at
O'Reilly.

Greetings from Germany,

Jens

---

From: ksoh at colby.edu (Karen Oh)
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 09:13:04 -0400

I got Eric Meyer's "Eric Meyer on CSS."

It's decent if you are interested in learning CSS from the start. 
Each chapter is an case study of a design and he shows you how to 
create that design using CSS with step by step instructions. Good 
beginner tutorial book, but not a reference book.

If you want a reference type of book that gives crude examples (boxes 
and text mainly, nothing designed or whatnot), the O'Reilly book on 
CSS is a good base. That's how I am learning.

Plus, there's tons of stuff online.

HTH
Karen

---

From: ckestes at bewb.org (Jason Estes)
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 08:31:36 -0500

> detail.  Especially page layout/positioning of elements with thoroughly

I too have "Eric Meyer on CSS" and I think it's a fantastic tool.  It starts
with simple pages in tables and progresses through entire pages done
strictly with CSS.  It delves into a few of the finer points of CSS which I
think is great, plus there are online files you can download to "play along"
with the book, which is infinitely more helpful than just reading text.

Jason Estes
The BEWB
www.bewb.org