Subject: [css-d] semantically correct: padding vs margin

From: gleemax at attbi.com (John Lewis)
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 23:23:38 -0500

Steve wrote on Wednesday, April 23, 2003 at 9:50:24 PM:

> <aside> Seems to me that many posts to this list are readily
> answered by reference to the CSS2 spec. OK, it's not the most
> readable spec in the world, and sometimes you need to read something
> two or three times before you get it, but, it is worth reading. If
> you haven't got it, get it. Mine is on my desk, or nearby, all the
> time. </aside>

Those types of questions aren't discouraged.
<http://www.css-discuss.org/policies.html>

Your advice is nonetheless helpful, of course. I think what we really
need is a comprehensive "spec for dummies," a document that deals with
CSS2 as simply as possible, written for CSS authors instead of CSS
implementors. A basic CSS vocabulary tutorial alone would be amazing;
even veteran authors fudge their technospeak jargon. I think most of
the CSS2 spec is pretty readable nowadays, but a couple years ago I
was confused by simple passages.

-- 
John Lewis