Subject: [css-d] IE6 absolute positioning problems

From: andy at webprojects.co.uk (Andy Walker)
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 08:48:42 +0100

Looks fine in everything except IE6

I was using an ie6 - specific hack...

#leftsidebar {position: absolute; left: 0px; top: 0px; width: 140px; =
background-color: white; text-align: right;}
/* IE6 ignores the left:0px stuff so detection needed here...*/
* html #leftsidebar { /*\*/ left:-150px; /* */}

This worked fine, but in IE 5.0, it positioned the sidebar off the =
left-hand edge of the page.

I have changed it to...

#leftsidebar {position: absolute; left: 0px; top: 0px; width: 140px; =
background-color: white; text-align: right;}
/* IE6 ignores the left:0px stuff so detection needed here...*/
* html #leftsidebar { /*\*/ left:0px; /* */}

...for the purposes of testing in ie 5.0, but the menu's now incorrectly =
positioned in ie6

http://www.webprojects.co.uk/csslist/

any ideas?