Subject: [css-d] position:fixed and IE

From: Craig.Saila at bgminteractive.com (Saila, Craig)
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 11:31:20 -0400

Ken Martin wrote:
> Does PC IE support position:fixed? It appears not to. I'm wondering if

(Apologies if someone has answered this, my email is slow lately)

No support yet, although there are a couple of JavaScript fixes:
<http://doxdesk.com/software/js/fixed.html>
<http://www.mark.ac/help/sticky.html>

--=20
Cheers,

Craig Saila
------------------------------------------
[email-masked] : http://www.saila.com/
------------------------------------------

---

From: asparber at projectseven.com (Al Sparber)
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 12:09:03 -0400

Here're a couple more:
http://www.projectseven.com/mxvision/fixednav/fixedbar.htm (cool but
problematic on Mac)

http://www.flevooware.nl/dreamweaver/#PersistentLayers (scripted)

Al Sparber
http://www.projectseven.com - Extensions | DW FAQs | Tutorials
Co-Author: Dreamweaver MX: Building on Solid Foundations

From: "Saila, Craig"

---

From: cs03 at combonet.se (Christina S)
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 18:35:51 +0200

> <http://www.mark.ac/help/sticky.html>

Or with a nice little css-hack:
<http://devnull.tagsoup.com/fixed/>
Works as a charm.

I think it is linked somewhere from the css-wiki? (or it should be)
 
/Christina

---

From: grochtdreis.jens at bartenbach.de (Jens Grochtdreis)
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 13:52:03 +0200

Hi Al,

> http://www.projectseven.com/mxvision/fixednav/fixedbar.htm (cool but

sorry to disappoint you, but your menue doesn't work as intended on MSIE 5.0
on W2k. The menue just scrolls with the rest of the page. no fixed menue.
unfortunately.

greetings from germany,

Jens Grochtdreis

---

From: gary at star-chaser.com (Gary)
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 11:46:41 -0400

> on W2k. The menue just scrolls with the rest of the page. no fixed menue.

Why not take the time to read the material before posting? The 
information on the page makes no mention of it working in IE5 Win.

<quote>
"It will work as intended in MSIE5-MAC, MSIE6-PC, Netscape 6.2+, 
Netscape 7, Mozilla 1x, and Opera5+. It will degrade nicely in lesser 
browsers."
</quote>

Gary