Subject: [css-d] Help w/ IE Mac disappearing ID

From: daniel at ionize.net (danielEthan)
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 16:06:01 -0500

Hi,

I have been busy on a project that is almost done, but I find myself 
deeply in need of some expertise and help.

I'm trying to finish up a site now at: http://test.chc2003.com/CHC2003/

One issue remains, however:

In IE4, (and IE5) on the Mac (OS 9), I'm getting reports that the logo 
in the top left is not appearing. Unfortunately, I don't have access to 
an OS 9 box to test. (I tried installing it, but my monitor-- yes, my 
monitor-- prevented me from doing so). In my copy of IE5 Mac on OS X, 
it renders correctly.

Can someone w/ IE 4 or IE 5 running under OS 9 confirm that the logo is 
not appearing? Does anyone know why this would be happening?

The xhtml/css validates, but it *is* a tabled design.

The goods:

default style sheet (setting #logo to display: none):
http://test.chc2003.com/_library/styles/default.css
	- I *did* try removing the link to this stylesheet and the problem 
persists
global style sheet that sets styles for #logo
http://test.chc2003.com/_library/styles/global.css
	- This stylesheet is linked to using imports in the second stylesheet 
linked (import.css). I know that the IEs in question are getting the 
global stylesheet, however, because other styles from it are rendered 
correctly.

thanks,
-daniel

---

From: daniel at ionize.net (danielEthan)
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 16:21:42 -0500

> http://test.chc2003.com/_library/styles/default.css

http://test.chc2003.com/CHC2003/_library/styles/default.css

> http://test.chc2003.com/_library/styles/global.css

http://test.chc2003.com/CHC2003/_library/styles/global.css