Subject: [css-d] Path Positioning Problem.

From: WBoyett at smtp.co.alachua.fl.us (Will Boyett)
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 09:56:18 -0400

Holly et all;

First off, let me say that I recieved an off-list reply from Jason Van
Pelt which has not only served as the foundation for my correction of
the issue I was having, but has also served to illuminate whole new
aspects of CSS which I only dimly understood before... a classic example
of a working example being worth volumes of technical explanation.

That said, I would be happy to provide a link to the site, and I do
welcome other construcitve commentary. My goal/directive is to provide a
very accessible site using CSS layout, and favoring a "Red White and
Blue" palette.  I have inherited a lot of code from previous webmasters,
and as the redesign is only one of my job duties, I have not had the
time to devote to removing all of the older legacy elements to date. The
main page (which does not use the path statement I wrote for help on) is
in my signature.

http://elections.alachua.fl.us/welcome.html is one of the pages in
which the code can be seen. The "problem code" was the red outlined box
with the path statement and the site map link. It now has new code, and
works as originally intended.

William Dove Boyett
Alachua County Elections Webmaster
http://elections.co.alachua.fl.us
-------------------------------------------------------
"The user owns the Back button."
-- Dr. Jakob Nielsen, http://www.useit.com/alertbox

>>> Holly Bergevin <[email-masked]> 04/25/03 01:47AM >>>
[snip snip]
Now I have to apologize, because even with your explanation and the
code you provided, you lost me. Is it possible for you to provide a URL
to the page in question so we can give it a look see? If the content is
restricted, strip it out and replace it with dummy text. Working with
the actual page generally offers the best opportunity for someone to
provide helpful advice.

~holly

__________________________________________________________________
Try AOL and get 1045 hours FREE for 45 days!
http://free.aol.com/tryaolfree/index.adp?375380 

Get AOL Instant Messenger 5.1 for FREE! Download Now!
http://aim.aol.com/aimnew/Aim/register.adp?promo=380455 
______________________________________________________________________
css-discuss [[email-masked]] 
http://www.css-discuss.org/mailman/listinfo/css-d 
Supported by evolt.org -- http://www.evolt.org/help_support_evolt/ 

Inbound Mail Scanned by Mcafee Web Appliance.

OutBound Mail Scanned by Mcafee Web Appliance.