Subject: [css-d] Disappearing Div on Mac IE

From: david at lenef.com (David Lenef)
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 14:44:00 -0500

http://Lenef.com/elite/prodtest/
(Don't bother clicking the button - it doesn't work yet.)

Please refer to the above page on which I'm testing a product page layout.
On NetMechanic's Browser Photo, the right-hand content div does not appear
in Mac IE 5.0 screenshots, and most of it is way off the right edge of the
viewport on Mac IE 4.5.

It's supposed to be a 2-column layout with photos down the left side
(float:left) and text specs on the right (margin-left used to create the
right column effect and stay out of the way of the photos). Style sheet is
embedded in the page. Any ideas what I need to do to accommodate Mac users?

It will eventually be dropped into a container div on the final page.

(BTW, Mac users represent a miniscule portion of this site's audience, but
if one arrives at the page, they need to at least see the information.)

David Lenef
[email-masked]
http://Lenef.com

---

From: sarah at weed.org.nz (Sarah Wedde)
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 09:02:01 +1200

David,

I think you  need to set an explicit width on the left-hand div (div.photo
{margin-bottom: 2em; width: 300px;}) in order to get Mac/IE5 to behave.

Sarah