Subject: [css-d] [ccc-d] List readability problems

From: Curt2305 at aol.com ([email-masked])
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 10:21:40 EDT

First I'd like to say this list has been an excellent resource to me, and I
think everyone else will agree.

But I'd like to point out that lately list posters seem to be blindly posting 
to the
list. What I mean is, People might be forgetting that some email providers 
like the one I use (AOL) actually interpret HTML tags in email. Which means I 
don't see
them in the context of the message, I see it as if I were reading the post 
through
a browser window.

When you refer to [b] tag I see the rest of the message in bold text
unless you use the closing [/b] tag. Oh, and try reading a message with a
heading tag in it.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't mean to chastise the list, but this does get
annoying. So please accept my apologies if I offended anyone.

Thank You
Curt

---

From: jgay at tla.com (Jim Gay)
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 11:17:07 -0400

> them in the context of the message, I see it as if I were reading the post

I'm new here, but looking at the policies, although it says no html/rtf
email, I don't think that excludes any html code at all. I think its a bit
much to ask a list about code of a few hundred people to stop writing about
their code in some context.
perhaps the problem is in the AOL client rendering html when it shouldn't
be? (are you set to receive Plain or MIME content?)

please correct me if I'm wrong
perhaps I need more clarity on the policy. should I exclude all html when
I'm next tempted to post?

-jim