Subject: Unable to set an external schema

From: Bart Friederichs <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 14:54:58 +0200

Hi all,

I want to validate an XML file to a schema, but the XML file doesn't 
have a reference to that schema. I want to use the setProperty function 
of the DOMBuilder to set an external schema, without namespaces, but 
this doesn't seem to work.

Here is the (head of the) XML file I want to validate:
<JobqueueXML>
        <MessageNumber>2483920</MessageNumber>
...

This is the (head of the) XMLSchema:
<xs:schema
        attributeFormDefault="unqualified"
        elementFormDefault="qualified" 
xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">                                                                                                                            

  <xs:element name="JobqueueXML">
...

The Schema definition is correct and when I reference the Schema in the 
XML file, it gets validated, but the files I get (I do not produce them 
myself) do not have the reference in it, so I want to set it this way:
    parser->setProperty (XMLUni::
                 fgXercesSchemaExternalNoNameSpaceSchemaLocation,
                 "job.xsd");

Where 'job.xsd' is the Schema file. 'parser' is a DOMBuilder object, as 
defined in the DOMCount sample program (I used that as reference). 
However, this does not work. There is no validation at all, even if I 
change the name into something unresolvable (e.g. a non-existing file) 
it gives no error.

Could someone give me some help on how to fix this?

TIA
Bart Friederichs